Gospel Funk All Stars
Formed in 2005, The Gospel Funk All-Stars brings together luminaries from the R&B, funk, and Gospel music scenes.
Up front, the band features legendary Motown Funk Brother Leroy Emmanuel (Marvin Gaye, Dionne Warwick, the Clark Sisters) and Joel Parisien of pop soul group Newworldson -- winners of seven Gospel Music Association awards. Also from Newworldson, three-time Juno-nominee Mark Rogers (drums) and celebrated bass master John Irvine are joined by Chops Horns: David Watson (tenor and baritone sax) and Darryl Dixon (alto sax) who have shared the stage with a long list of performers including Alicia Keys, John Legend, The Blind Boys Of Alabama and BeBe Winans.
Six short years after their very first tour in Europe, members of the Gospel Funk All-Stars have collectively released five albums, performed at Live 8 and President Obama’s inauguration ball (Chops Horns) and scored a number 2 hit on Billboard’s Christian Music chart (Newworldson’s single: “There Is A Way”). Now the super-group has re-united once again bringing their mix of high-energy Soul and world class musicianship to audiences of all ages around North America and Europe.
- 2010 Folk/Roots Album of the Year - Newworldson
- 2010 Recorded Song of the Year - "There Is A Way," Newworldson
- 2010 Pop/Contemporary Song of the Year - "There Is A Way," Newworldson
- 2009 Group of the Year - Newworldson
- 2008 Folk/Roots Album of the Year: Salvation Station, Newworldson
- 2007 New Artist of the Year - Newworldson
- 2007 Folk/Roots Album of the Year - Roots Revolution, Newworldson
Want to Know More?
Don't hesitate to contact the JRA Fine Arts team to learn more about this artist.